{welling with pride} Central MN Senior Photographer

The day has come and gone. My baby graduated high school. How in the world did that come so fast? It was just yesterday that we were scared, brand new parents taking her home from the hospital. It was just not that long ago she was red faced and singing louder than anyone else in her kindergarten graduation celebration. It was only a blink ago that she was learning to play her guitar and wrote her first song. Just a minute ago she was going to her first middle school dance. And a second ago, learning to drive. As I sat listening to her perform a solo at her own high school graduation, tears streaming down my cheeks and holding it back so I wouldn't go into the "ugly cry". I am thinking this is big, but not nearly as big as what is to come just a few short months down the road when she leave for college. The lump in my throat is almost more than I can handle. Kalee has never looked back even when I dropped her off at preschool for the first time, she happily skipped off into the bright, colorful room with little chairs. She is so excited for her future as am I. I am welling with so much pride of the woman she has become. I am curious of what is in store for her future. I pray that she uses her God given talents to the fullest extent, focuses on her goals and never let anything get in her way, surround herself with truthful, honest, geniune people that wish the same for her. I pray that the "yes-es" far exceed the "no-s", the hurts heals quickly, the celebrations last long, path that may be less traveled becomes clear, the lessons to be learned last her entire long life. And now to show off my last and yes, my favorite senior from the class of 2012, Kalee. I love you Kalee. And now, I wanted to share images from her grad party. We had so much fun planning and prepping for it. And being that I had a lot of it for props and such...it was fairly :) easy. These two images were her part of her gift from us, a handmade quilt from a dear friend and second mom to Kalee, Jill from Dragonfly Quilts. HERE is her website. She used the fabric Kalee had used as a toga from her senior year Homecoming week, and we choose other fabrics to play off of that. I LOVE it...it is just what we wanted and something she can take to college. And she is using her other gift, her new sound equipment for performing. I tried to take as many photos as I could before guests arrived so some things were in the bright sun, and some of the food and beverage weren't out at that time. But you will get the idea. A little tip for those having grad parties in their future...take pictures of the details (which I did most of them), but have someone with your camera snapping the day away. I had my youngest daughter Danika take a photo with Kalee and each guest as they came in and when she got tired, our energenic, young friend Nate ran all over capturing images of guests as they chatted. I am so grateful for that! I only picked up my camera a couple times, it was a relief to know someone else had it covered for me. Onto to the details...Kalee wanted a vintage theme, and I loved how it turned out!! The four small photos on the canvas are her at kindergarten graduation; getting her diploma and in her little paper cap, and her high school graduation; getting her diploma and in her cap and gown. Surrounding with maps, vintage globes, and suitcases and a sign with the Dr. Suess quote, "All the Places You Will Go". Vintage tablecloths, milk glass and retro candy. We had little gathering areas with vintage furniture and straw bales and old quilts. Thirft store find; mailbox for cards, Jenga game pieces to sign, and vintage globes. Wooden dinner ware, kraft food baskets, kraft napkins, candy jars, chocolate dipped rice krispie bars on sticks. Yes, we (my mom, Danika, Kalee and myself) made ALL those cupcakes and little mini apple and strawberry pies. A ton of work but I absolutely LOVED how they turned out..yummy and cute!! Having an older house, and garage worked with our vintage theme :), we had so many old screens for photos, beverage table (at the time I took this photo I didn't have the lemonade and sweet tea in the dispensers...but trust me, it was gooood). And the tables didn't have the food; bbq pulled pork to top with slaw, and the pasta zuchinni salad (which we never made before that day and I only tasted it an hour before people came...this is how I roll when I entertain, and for the record that was good too), rice krispie bars, and of course the cupcakes and mini pies. My grandma's napkins, table runners, and table cloths were throughout the party. This is a "About Me" poster that Kalee made when she was 6 1/2 years old. A singer is all she ever wanted to be. My amazing friends in their vintage aprons...and matching outfits that I swear I did not tell them to wear! I loved this! Lawn twister...and you know if you wanted to play, you can still can as the dots are still in my yard. :) Amazing evening with fabulous friends and family. I loved that her friends stayed all evening and had a backyard bonfire. She truly has the greatest friends. As I walked the last guest out late that evening, I had to grab a shot of the beautiful lights shinning from the street. It was such an amazing evening, again welling with pride to see friends and family who love and support my girl. You all mean the world to us. Thank you. I promise to keep you posted on Kalee's journey, she is off to a music college in St. Paul in the fall. If you see me, give me a hug...I will need it. Now, on to planning Danika's grad party...I have three years.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Kate said...

Jen, this is gorgeous! I think you should add "event planner" to your photography business (as if, I'm sure, you're not busy enough already) ;) Much (maybe all!) of this is most certainly Pinterest worthy.

Kristi & Steve said...

Wow Jen! It just keeps getting better. You are such a talented lady and your daughter is STUNNING. Congrats to you!
Kristi Nathe

Unknown said...

Hey.. you are such a talented.. its glad to read your post... thanks for sharing..:)


Baby Photography Kansas City

Jennifer Guenther said...

Thank you everyone....so sweet!!!

Post a Comment

copyright

Please do not copy, save to your computer or print any of the photos that I publish on this blog. These images are property of Jennifer Guenther Photography and copy protected by law.